Monday, July 30, 2012

Therese - the miraculous transformation

Therese has a strong desire to give herself to the Lord but she often failed by her own actions and imperfections.  She is sensitive and emotional and will burst into tears at every small little things that come her way.

Therese was asking for a small miracle, one that would make her strong to pursue her dreams to be a Carmelite nun.  Her prayers were heard and on Christmas Day, 1886, God revealed to her

"On that blessed night the sweet infant Jesus, scarce an hour old, filled the darkness of my soul with floods of light. By becoming weak and little, for love of me, He made me strong and brave; He put His own weapons into my hands, so that I may went from victory to victory, beginning if I may say so, 'to run as a giant'.  The fountain of my tears was dried up, and from that time they flowed neither easily nor often." ~ The Story of a Soul (Chapter 5: Vocation of Therese)


From that moment on, she has re-gained her strength of mind, her self-esteem which she has lost at the age of 4 and half.


No comments: