Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why God does not give equal glory to all the elect in Heaven?

Extracted from Chapter 2  A Catholic Household, The Story of the Soul

One day, I (Therese) expressed (to Pauline) surprise that God does not give an equal amount of glory to all the elect in Heaven - I was afraid that they would not all be quite happy.  She sent me to fetch Papa's big tumbler, and put it beside my tiny thimble, then, filling both with water, she asked me which seemed the fuller.  I replied that one was as full as the other - it was impossible to pour more water into either of them, for they could not hold it.  In this way, Pauline made it clear to me that in Heaven the least of the Blessed does not envy the happiness of the greatest; and so, by bringing the highest mysteries down to the level of my understanding, she gave my soul the food it needed.

No comments: